Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Best Country In The World

So I was reading comments and things on line, and I ran across a conversation where a guy was arguing and saying in effect.  "American is not the greatest country in the world.  You guys need to get over yourselves."  And this makes me wonder why anyone would say this.  And wonder why anyone would care.

As an American, I think that my country is the greatest country in the world.  And I am not ashamed to write this down, say it in public, and site evidence that supports my belief.  It is beyond patriotism.

I also don't understand why every other person from every other country doesn't say the same thing about whatever country they are from.  Don't you love your country?  Yes?  Then why don't you tell everyone who will listen how great it is?  I do.  (I mean tell people how great my country is.)

Being the greatest does not mean being perfect.

Being the greatest doesn't actually have anything to do with the number of medals you get in the Olympics.

Being the greatest really doesn't rest on much if any empirical data.  It only has to do with one thing.  How much you love your country.  I love my country.  This makes it the greatest nation on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment