Monday, May 23, 2011

I have taken the plunge

Actually I took it two weeks ago. I completed and submitted a short story for publication with an online magazine.

I am very excited about it.

I wrote a post a while ago called "Periculum" that received a few, select, encouraging comments. These encouraged me enough to revisit the story. The draft you can read on this blog, is a very old draft. The story is now a 6,000 word short story.

Currently it is "under consideration" at Strange Horizons. According to their submission policy, I will find out one way or another in the next 65 days.

I know that the odds are not great, but I am still hopeful. In the mean time, I have started two new short stories. One is called "Given Enough Time" as is a story about time travel. So far this one is still in an early draft and may be a very very short story.

The second one was inspired by Kiersten White. Its current title is "Zombies and Unicorns" and this is a "new" type of story for me. My daughter loves it.

I truly hope this type of fictions does NOT turn out to be what works for me as a writer.

More to come as I keep writing.

1 comment: