Sunday, September 26, 2010

Garage Sale Meetings

So I'm not sure if this is really creepy, or kinda cool. But it looks like my family is stalking Kiersten White. (Who is now a famous person after publishing her new book, Paranormalcy)






I mean what would you call someone who goes to a book signing to get a book signed for their daughter after following the new authors blog for almost 3 years. And then discovers that Their daughter's geoghraphy teacher is the sister of one of Kiersten's best friends.

Then just yesterday, my wife goes out to garage sales and encounters a young man selling his older sister's Dragon Lance book collection. And he says, "Yeah, these were my older sisters. She's a published author now." And you guessed it, we now own a bag full of Kiersten's old books.



By the way, Kiersten takes good care of her books, they are like new.

And my daughter is thrilled. She loved Paranormalcy, and can't wait to get the next book in the series. In the mean time she will be reading the books that Kiersten read before she was famous.




No comments:

Post a Comment